Nashville Rolling Parties Raise Safety Concerns
In recent years, Nashville has become known for its rolling parties. Rolling parties are gatherings of people who drink and socialize while moving around the city on party buses or RVs. The appeal of these parties is that they offer a unique way to experience Nashville’s nightlife. Partygoers can drink and socialize without having to worry about finding a place to stay or getting around town.
However, rolling parties have also raised safety concerns. In 2017, there was a fatal shooting at a rolling party in Nashville. In 2018, another rolling party ended in a multi-car crash that injured several people.
How the Police Responded to These Events and Concerns They Have About Them
After the 2017 shooting, the Nashville police department increased its surveillance of rolling parties. The department has also worked with party bus and RV companies to ensure that their vehicles are safe and that their drivers are sober.
The police have expressed concerns about the potential for violence at rolling parties. They also worry that partygoers may become too intoxicated to safely get on and off of party buses or RVs.
Many people have called for stricter regulation of rolling parties. Transportainment vehicle regulations, such as requiring party buses to have security guards on board or prohibiting RVs from overnight parking in residential neighborhoods.
City officials are currently considering a set of ordinances that would require party bus operators to obtain permits and follow certain safety guidelines. It is unclear if these ordinances will be enough to address the safety concerns surrounding rolling parties.
Physical and Legal Risks Participants Face When Attending a Rolling Party
Participants in rolling parties face several risks. Physically, they may be injured if the party bus or RV crashes. They may also become victims of crime if the party bus or RV is targeted by criminals. Legally, participants may be cited for public intoxication or disorderly conduct.
What can partygoers do to stay safe at a rolling party?
Partygoers can take several steps to stay safe at a rolling party.
- Drink alcohol in moderation. Drinking too much can lead to accidents and injuries. This is especially true if you are getting on and off of a party bus or RV.
- Plan ahead. Make sure you have a safe way to get to and from the party. It is also a good idea to have a backup plan in case something goes wrong.
- Use caution when getting on and off party buses or RVs. Remember that these vehicles are often moving, and they may be crowded. It is important to watch your step and be careful not to fall.
- Beware of strangers. Do not accept drinks from people you do not know, and do not leave your drink unattended. If you feel unsafe at any time, tell a friend or security staff member.
- Be aware of your surroundings. If you see something suspicious, tell a party organizer or the police.
- Follow the law. Don’t do anything that could get you cited or arrested, such as public intoxication or disorderly conduct.
Rolling parties can be a great way to experience Nashville’s nightlife. However, they also come with some risks. Partygoers should drink in moderation, use caution when getting on and off party buses or RVs, and be aware of their surroundings. This will help ensure that they have a safe and enjoyable experience.